Fall Themes That Demonstrate Why It’s Never Too Late for a Company Picnic in San Diego
Like the title says—it is literally never too late.
Most people think that picnics are confined to the spring and summer months. Not Picnic People. Fall picnics in San Diego are a blast, and there are plenty of reasons why. Aside from the obvious advantage of climate friendliness that comes with living here, there is considerably more space available at traditional venues like parks and beaches. What’s more, the fall season gives you more themes to call on for your late summer event.
A Sporty Fall San Diego Tailgate
As August and September take over the calendar, the attention of the local San Diego sports community shifts to football season and the baseball pennant push. The SDSU Aztecs are back in action. The Padres are surging. And even though they may have moved up the road, you can count on plenty of diehard Charger fans making the trip north to cheer on the bolts. San Diego is a passionate sports town. So what better way to energize your employees than a sporty tailgate-style picnic?
- Food. Give your employees and their families an awesome grill-out BBQ tailgating menu with all the proper fixtures like USDA choice quarter pound all-beef burgers and all-beef hot dogs. Pair it with some traditional potato salad or homestyle cole slaw and you’ve got a prime tailgate picnic menu.
- Activities. Your company tailgate celebration is sure to have plenty of pre-game fixtures and feats of athleticism. We can arrange a fast-pitch company baseball game or (if you’re in the mood for something a little wackier) a bubble soccer match at the local park. Toss in a bag toss game (a true tailgating classic), obstacle course or rock climbing wall and it’s sure to be fun for all ages.
- Décor. A sporty tailgating theme company picnic needs plenty of ballpark and stadium visuals to build the atmosphere. We can include team-style pennants and banners with your company logo or the local team’s crest. We’ll decorate the picnic space with colorful linens and centerpieces to get the atmosphere just right for game time…we mean picnic time.
Speaking of time, our experts are sure to arrive early to reserve your picnic spot and ensure everything runs on schedule!
A Super Fun Haunted Halloween Company Picnic
Our expert picnic planners love putting an exciting theme to any corporate event. Working with our clients, our imaginations run wild, and the results are exhilarating. When the fall season rolls around, there’s no better example of this than our spectacular company Halloween-themed picnics and office parties.
- Food. Halloween is derived from the Mexican Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) celebration. Our South of the Border menu is the perfect complement to this popular company picnic theme. Treat your team to some grilled baja tacos with sides of Mexican rice, traditional refried beans and fresh tortilla chips & salsa. Round it out with some delicious sweets like our famous fudge brownies and lemon bars.
- Activities. Keep with the Dia de los Muertos theme by setting up a piñata for the little ones (or the big kids if you’re looking for some real nostalgia). Of course, it wouldn’t be a Halloween picnic without a costume contest. Let your team members and families vote on the craziest costumes there, or you can appoint judges. Afterwards, take those costumes and make some memories with our Halloween selfie photo booth!
- Décor. Black cats, jack-o-lanterns, ghosts, ghouls, goblins and more—when it comes to Halloween-themed events, our planners go all out!
An Artsy Fall Painting Party Picnic
In more temperate climates, fall is known best by the changing of the colors of the leaves right before they fall to the ground. While we may not always see those same vibrant hues, our expert picnic planners can still make sure your company picnic is colorful with an artsy fall painting party.
- Food. Celebrate the year-round picnic season and southwestern coastal climate with our SD Coastal Cuisine menu. Your team will love some southwestern chicken breast sandwiches or grilled Hawaiian Mahi Mahi. Some basil penne pasta salad or citrus vinaigrette iceberg salad bring some truly colorful and innovative flavors to this creative company picnic theme.
- Activities. For your artsy company picnic, our expert planners and staff are setting up any and every artistic-themed activity under the California sun. You’ll have ceramic painting, where your team members will have the opportunity to showcase their skills and create something beautiful for the home. Afterwards, you can enjoy a game of spin art frisbee to really bring some color and energy to the festivities. Just make sure you’re not afraid to get a little paint on your clothes. Finally, some airbrush face painting for the little ones will brighten up everyone’s day.
- Décor. For your artistic picnic event, we’ll have plenty of canvases and easels on-site to showcase your group’s creativity. It’s the perfect kind of picnic event for marketing or entrepreneur work groups that thrive on creativity and passion!
San Diego’s year-round seasonal warmth just confirms what we’ve always known here: it’s never too late to have a picnic. With the fall season fast approaching, our gears are turning, and we’re revving up to put these popular fall picnic themes and others in motion for you and our San Diego businesses.
Ready to start planning your fall picnic? Give us a shout online or call one of our expert planners today at 858.586.1717.
More articles you might enjoy:
- 3 Outstanding Ideas for Your San Diego Sunset-Themed Company Picnic
- Picnic People’s Top 5 Picnic Themes and Games for 2017